Women Of The World Wall Calendar 2022
The all-new Women of the World Calendar by New Internationalist features 12 women of colour who have rewritten the rules. At a time when women are grabbing the spotlight, it's also time for a calendar that inspires the current and next generation of women who go against the grain by challenging the status quo.
The 2022 calendar presents a collection of inspiring women from the art, film, political and literary worlds. It features:
- Imara Jones, the creator of TransLash Media (US)
- Lakwena Maciver, street artist (Uganda/UK)
- Artemisa Barbosa Ribeiro, human rights activist (Brazi)
- Ellen Ochoa, astronaut (Mexico/US)
- Mya-Rose Craig, president of Black2Nature (UK/Bangladesh)
- Jools Walker, TV/podcast presenter and author (UK/Trinidad)
- Elizabeth Wanjiru Wathuti, climate activist (Kenya)
- Yagazie Emezi, artist and photojournalist (Nigeria)
- Mikaela Loach, a climate justice activist (Jamaica/UK).
- Maria Tallchief, ballerina (US)
- Harnaam Kaur, model and body positivity activist (India/UK)
- Junko Tabei, mountaineer (Japan)
Illustrated by London-based artist Nadia Akingbule, the portraits are based on photographs that best represent the women as personalities and take inspiration from their backgrounds.
Each month features one woman, one inspirational quote and information about their lives. You’ll learn something new and feel empowered each month!